Thursday, August 02, 2012

On things I see when I'm running.....the Amsterdam Gay Pride Parade

After a terribly disappointing and not fun at all, run yesterday, I had a spiffing run today and felt like I was going a bit faster than normal - that may, however, be a self fabrication.

What made the run even spiffinger was when I got back home I managed to catch the end of the Gay Pride March on their way past the Homomonument and onwards to the Dam. Despite the rubbish weather during the afternoon, the skies had cleared and it was perfect parade weather.

Many people seek asylum in the U.K, the Netherlands and in many other countries due to persecution for their sexual orientation or gender identity. The Homomonument in Amsterdam West was erected in memorial to the gay men and women who were persecuted under the Nazi regime but serves to remind us of all people who have been persecuted because of their sexual orientation.


 

Enjoy Gay Pride 2012 Amsterdam! 



No comments:

Post a Comment